Benefits of Homeschooling
Homeschooling is a great way to educate a child can as be shown in several ways. Many of these benefits are easy to understand – the positive impacts they have on children are obvious. With homeschooling, the parents take full responsibility of their children’s education. It is intense parenting, as parents spend more time with their children, doing the hard work with the patience to educate their kids.
1. It gives freedom for kids to learn at home.
2. Can give better education at home.
3. Student behaviour problem at school.
4. Transportation/ convenience Issues.
5. Want to be aware of what the child is learning.
6. Religious Reasons.
7. To develop morality
8. Family reasons [care of other children or elders]
9. Poor learning environment in school
10. Home atmosphere is more relaxed while schedule can be adjusted to child’s needs.
Advantages of Homeschooling
1. Excellent Education The basic goal of homeschooling is to educate children. In this homeschool excels in many aspects. Parents are able to assess their kids’ strength, weaknesses, learning styles and interests. Homeschooling allows parents to customize their children’s education to maximize learning, strengthen weaknesses and allow focus on special areas of interest. This makes kids highly motivated to learn, accordingly results in kids developing a love for learning. Homeschooling make kids learn for knowledge instead of grades.
2. Education as per a Child’s Capabilities & Personality Homeschool is focused on children as individuals, a child’s education can be tailored to her capabilities and personality. If a child excels in a specific area, his education in that area can be accelerated. If a child struggles in a particular area, additional resources can be brought forward to help. Also, the way children are taught can be based on how the child best learns as per child’s personality.
3. Integrated & Consistency in Education Homeschooled child’s education is managed by the same person over a long period of time, that education can be consistent with a long-term plan in which each topic is taught and the experience gained benefits seamlessly with those that have come before. Further when parents are involved in every stage of studying they understand the child’s experiences and background. A parent then uses that knowledge to design future educational activities.
4. Best Teaching Curriculum Homeschooling has access to the best teaching materials available. And, teaching materials can be selected based on a child’s individual needs and capabilities, which are best as per the child’s needs and grasping power.
5. Home Schooling Gives a Sense of Safety & Security Children who are homeschooled are not exposed to teasing, bullying, negative peer pressure, bad influences, and in some cases, bad or even misbehaving teachers. They learn in a free and great environment with attachment parenting, and it is good for children as they get immediate responses to all their cues within a fraction of time. Homeschooling accommodates special needs.
Homeschooling has social, educational and lifestyle benefits that will help a child to learn with flexibility, enthusiasm, no peer pressure and comparison among kids. So, that children may learn freely and in great nurturing learning environment.